Employee Benefits at Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- One health insurance option – Consumer Driven Health Plan
- New convenient telemedicine benefit for those in the ARHS health plan
- Health plan premiums will change
- HSA contribution amounts made by ARHS will remain the same
- Retirement enhancements: New Roth IRA and additional payout options
IMPORTANT: Benefit-eligible employees must take action.
Following the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act, each employee must make a health insurance election or waive coverage. If you do not wish to be covered by a health plan, YOU MUST go to Lawson Employee Self Service and select the “Waive” Option.
Failure to make an election in Lawson during open enrollment will result in auto-enrollment into the Consumer Driven Health Plan.
Deadline to Enroll in 2018 Benefits
All benefit eligible employees must either enroll or waive their benefits during Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment ends on November 7, 2017. Failure to make an election in Lawson during open enrollment will result in auto-enrollment into the Consumer Driven Health...read more
Form 5500 Filings with the Department of Labor
Each year ARHS is required to submit the Form 5500 on employee benefit plan’s annual information with the Department of Labor. The filing has been completed for the Plan year 2016. As part of the annual reporting requirements, ERISA, (Employee Retirement income Security Act of 1974), requires that ARHS provide plan participants with a copy of the Summary Annual Reports for our benefit plans. Download a copy of the reports below. To receive a paper copy of the Summary Annual Report please write or call the Human Resources Department of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System at 336 Deerfield Road PO Box 2600, Boone, NC 28607-2600, or by telephone at (828) 262-4116. These portions of the report are furnished without charge.
- 2016 SAR AppalachianReg Aetna (26 KiB)
- 2016 SAR AppalachianReg Community-Eye (26 KiB)
- 2016 SAR AppalachianReg UNUM (26 KiB)