IMPORTANT: Benefit-eligible employees must take action. Failure to make an election in Lawson during open enrollment will result in auto-enrollment into the Consumer Driven Health Plan.
Following the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act, each employee must make a health insurance election or waive coverage. If you do not wish to be covered by a health plan, YOU MUST go to Lawson Employee Self Service and select the “Waive” Option.
Important: All employees should update addresses before benefits enrollment
HR needs correct addresses on file for your W-2, 1095-C, Principal Retirement, and all other benefits. If you have had an address change within the last year and have not updated your address with HR, please complete the Employee Information Form and return it to HR.
Download the Employee Information Form ▶︎
Automatic submit does not work, download and fill the form, then email or send by inter-office.
One Single Health Plan.
Over 70% of you have already chosen the CDHP health option. Therefore, effective January 1, ARHS will offer the Consumer Driven Health Plan as the only health plan for full-time employees. Deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance will remain the same on the CDHP for 2018.
New Telemedicine Benefit.
We are pleased to announce the addition of a new convenience service to our health plan. Effective January 1st, employees and family members covered under the ARHS Health Plan can now utilize a telemedicine service for a flat fee through RelyMD. Some benefits of this telemedicine service:
- Avoid costly visits to the Emergency Room for non-emergent care.
- Access board certified physicians to address unanticipated care needs that occur after hours.
- Connect to a M.D. through your smart phone, mobile devices, computers or telephone when it is convenient for you, and without leaving the comfort of your home.
- Pay $50 per consult with your Health Savings Account benefit credit/debit card.
- If follow-up care is needed, RelyMD will fax your consult information to your primary care provider or a specialist in our area that can care for you.
Benefit Fair Dates:
- Watauga Medical Center: Wednesday, October 18, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Cannon Memorial Hospital: Thursday, October 19, 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Foley Center: Friday, October 20, 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Save Your Money- Stay “Home” for Care!
Compare health prices and save time and money when you don’t travel off the mountain for care. You will pay less for care when you stay within the ARHS network of physicians and hospitals. You save two ways: 1) ARHS Health Plan members receive a 10% employee discount on out-of-pocket expenses; 2) Once your deductible has been met, your health plan pays 90% of the cost of care for inpatient, outpatient & diagnostic services at an ARHS facility and you pay the remaining 10%. We want you to stay home for quality healthcare!
ARHS experienced more than a $700,000 increase in health care costs during the last year, and we are anticipating further increases in 2018. While ARHS absorbed the majority of that increase, most employees will experience a premium increase in January, 2018. If you are currently on the Traditional Plan your premium will go down when you transfer to the CDHP. View all 2018 health insurance premiums.
Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
Employees with a CDHP are eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA) and employer contributions for 2018 will remain the same (see below). Because of our health plan change to full CDHP, we will no longer be offering Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) as part of our benefit plan. All employees not enrolled in Medicare should take advantage of tax-free savings into the HSA. Money you save in the HSA rolls over from year-to-year and can be used for out-of-pocket expenses before you meet your deductible such as prescription drugs, telemedicine consults, doctor’s visits, vision and dental expenses. View all HSA contribution information.
New Retirement Features.
ARHS will be adding some additional payment options for your to consider when you retire. Currently, you can take a lump sum distribution from Principal when you decide to retire. ARHS is adding other payment options to allow you to consider installment payments over several years, or an annuity that pays a set amount each month for the remainder of your life.
In addition, ARHS is adding a Roth IRA to your investment options later in 2017. A Roth IRA is an investment option that allows you to set aside AFTER-TAX income for retirement savings (you cannot deduct your contributions on your income taxes). All future withdrawals from the Roth IRA will be tax-free.
Why would you invest in a Roth? If you expect your tax bracket to be less now than later in life, Roth IRA allows you to avoid higher income taxes by setting aside savings now.