The Consumer Driven Health Plan allows you to save money throughout the year with lower benefit premiums and the added benefit of an ARHS funded Health Savings Account (HSA). Remember, with the CDHP you must pay 100% of healthcare costs until you meet the deductible.


  • Lower premiums
  • Higher annual deductibles ($1,750 for individuals; $3,500 for dependent coverage)
  • Free preventive coverage
  • Copays and coinsurance apply once ENTIRE deductible is met.

An additional $100 monthly charge may be assessed if your spouse has health coverage available through his/her employer but chooses instead to be covered under the ARHS health plan. You must complete this spousal affidavit and return to Human Resources. 




  • Individual Coverage: $1,750
  • Dependent Coverage (spouse, children, family): $3,500

Click to find a provider.


Premium Assistance under Medicaid or CHIP

If you or your children are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and you’re eligible for health coverage from your employer, your state may have a premium assistance program that can help pay for coverage, using funds from their Medicaid or CHIP programs. If you or your children aren’t eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, you won’t be eligible for these premium assistance programs but you may be able to buy individual insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. For more information, visit
If you or your dependents are already enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP and you live in a State listed below, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office to find out if premium assistance is available. If you or your dependents are NOT currently enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, and you think you or any of your dependents might be eligible for either of these programs, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office or dial 1-877- KIDSNOW or to find out how to apply. If you qualify, ask your state if it has a program that might help you pay the premiums for an employer-sponsored plan.
If you or your dependents are eligible for premium assistance under Medicaid or CHIP, as well as eligible under your employer plan, your employer must allow you to enroll in your employer plan if you aren’t already enrolled. This is called a “special enrollment” opportunity, and you must request coverage within 60 days of being determined eligible for premium assistance. If you have questions about enrolling in your employer plan, contact the Department of Labor at or call 1-866-444-EBSA (3272).
The following list of states is current as of January 31, 2017. Contact your State for more information on eligibility –

NC Medicaid: 

  • Website:
  • Phone: 919-855-4100

VA Medicaid and CHIP:

  • Medicaid Website:
  • Medicaid Phone: 1-800-432-5924
  • CHIP Website:
  • CHIP Phone: 1-855-242-8282
Print Friendly, PDF & Email