What is the tax penalty for not having health insurance?
ARHS is required to report your election choice to the IRS, therefore, you must either make an election or waive health insurance. If you do not enroll for the current Plan Year, or do not waive coverage, you will automatically be enrolled in the Preferred Health Plan, Employee Only.
- If you did not qualify for the Love Your Life premium discount, you will be enrolled at the non-Love Your Life premium rate.
- If you did qualify for the Love Your Life premium discount, you will be enrolled at the Love Your Life discounted rate.
These elections will remain in effect for the entire plan year, unless there is a qualifying life event.
If I elect to buy insurance on the ACA marketplace, am I eligible to receive tax credits or government subsidies?
Am I eligible for benefits through ARHS?
Who else can my benefits cover?
- Legal spouse
- Natural child, adopted child (or child placed or adoption), foster child, step child or child for whom you have legal custody or legal guardianship, who is legally dependent on you for support
- Children up to age 26 years old for health, dental and vision coverage.
- Children 26 or more years old, primarily supported by you and incapable of self-sustaining employment or education by reason of mental or physical disability (proof of condition / dependents will be required)
- Any child who is recognized under a qualified medical child support order.
When can I change my benefits?
- Change in marital status
- Loss of parental coverage at age 26
- Loss of existing health coverage, including employer-based, individual, and student-based plans
- Birth, adoption, or placement of a child
- Change in dependent eligibility due to age
- Change in employment status for employee or spouse
- Death of spouse or dependent
- Change in Medicare or Medicaid eligibility.
How can I save on health insurance or earn monetary incentives?
What Core benefits are offered?
- Preferred Health Plan and Health Savings Account
- Rely MD Telemedicine
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Plan
- Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Group Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
What other voluntary benefits are offered?
- Dental Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Account
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Interest-Sensitive Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- North Carolina’s National College Savings Program
- Legal Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance