Now you can buy glasses and contacts online! Good news! Love to shop online? CEC has just made it easier than ever to shop for your frames and contacts. Coastal.com is now an in-network provider, offering contacts, frames and lenses, sunglasses and accessories; all from the comfort of your own home. The best part is you can use your Community Eye Care benefit to purchase any materials on their site! Questions, call Coastal.com at 1-866-333-6888.
- A routine eye exam once a year ($10 co payment)
- A contact lens fitting for new fits or refits, as needed ($10 co payment)
An eyewear allowance every twelve months. The allowance is available at two levels:
- $120 allowance for eyewear
- $170 allowance for eyewear
The allowance can be applied to frames, lenses, contact lenses, non-prescription eyewear or any combination. So long as you select eyewear having a retail price that is less than or equal to your allowance, you incur no office charge for the eyewear. Submit your claims directly to CEC for exams and eyewear provided by out-of-network providers for reimbursement up to the benefit level amount.
Preferred LASIK Program
Through the preferred LASIK program, CEC Members receive preferred pricing on LASIK through QualSight providers across the nation. You could save 40-50 percent on LASIK surgery.
- Traditional – $945 per eye
- Custom – $1,395 per eye
- Custom Bladeless – $1,795 per eye
Easy ways to schedule:
- Online at www.qualsight.com
- By phone at (855) 800-2020
Savings CEC Members receive preferred pricing on LASIK through QualSight providers across the nation. Quality Credentialed surgeons who have collectively performed more than 6.5 million procedures. Choice More than 900 locations and you choose the physician with the experience, reputation and technology your vision correction requires. Pricing One low price includes the preoperative exam, procedure, postoperative visits and a One-Year Assurance Plan** Financing Options: Up to 12 months interest-free available from participating providers for qualified applicants. The QualSight program is NOT an insured benefit and is available to members for access to QualSight for LASIK surgery. Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) based on individual tax situation. ** Lifetime Assurance Plans available at participating providers for an additional cost.
Keep your vision benefit with no increase in rates! For current CEC members who are leaving their employer, CEC is pleased to offer the opportunity to enroll in our Portability Plan Option. By enrolling, you can continue your vision coverage without an increase in rates for as long as you like! Enrolling in the portability plan is easy. Just follow these steps:
- You will receive a letter in the mail from CEC offering you the opportunity to enroll in the portability plan.
- To enroll, contact Ruth Fisher at email@example.com or call 888-254-4290 ext 232 within 60 days from receipt of the letter. Please include your name, current mailing address, telephone number and the name of your previous employer.
- We will then send you a vision packet with the forms needed to complete your enrollment. After we receive your completed forms:
- Your plan will be activated on the first day of the following month.
- Since payroll deductions will stop, your payments will be drafted annually from either a credit card or bank account.
- A new Member ID card will be mailed to you prior to your effective date, enabling you to continue enjoying the exceptional vision benefits that are the hallmark of CEC.
Questions? If you have any questions about the portability plan, please contact Ruth Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-254-4290 ext 232.